Bookkeeper for Methodist Day School
Full Service/lead accountant bookkeeper for church day school. Applicant should have a solid background in accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, and comprehensive financial reporting.
Will be expected to maintain the quality, integrity and security of the financial data/system. Person will be required to prepare and present financial information to the Board and for Audit. Good communications, organizational skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills are required.
Other areas of responsibility: payroll processing, bank reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budget preparation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- High School Graduate (required)
- A college degree in accounting or finance is preferred, or an equivalent in experience
- Microsoft Office Software – Word and Excel
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (Preferred)
Contract runs for 10.5 months of the year.
Please fill out application below and email to
Assistant to Director of Children’s Ministries Job Description
First Methodist Conroe
Part time: 20 hours per week – may require more hours during special programming (VBS, Christmas programs, Easter Egg Hunt, to name a few)
Reports directly to the Director of Children’s Ministries.
This position will assist the Director of Children’s Ministry with their responsibilities.
- Displays a love for God and a passion for discipling kids.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Positive, team player, flexible and reliable
- Embodies integrity and high ethical standards in congruence with Christian teaching.
- Good administrative and written communication skills.
- Can use technologies such as Word Processing, Playlister, Powerpoint/Keynote, Facebook, Instagram and basic graphic design skills.
- Complete necessary Safe Sanctuary training and certification
- Has the ability to step into the director role when the director is away – problem solving, leadership, comfortable being in-front of a group
- Build weekly Keynote presentation file for Large Group. Upload Bible Story videos to USB drives for use in the classrooms. Runs the Keynote presentation each Sunday morning for Kid’s Worship.
- Help Director set up and tear down for Kid’s Worship on Sunday mornings.
- Manage social media posts to parents for Children’s ministry.
- Upload weekly Virtual Kids Worship videos and Parent Guides to proper channels.
- Prepare the Children’s Worship folders each week for worship services. Unpack and put together the Kid’s Worship small group bins each week as well.
- Sets up the technology and welcome center for Kid’s Worship on Sunday mornings.
- Helps with the planning, preparation and implementation of activities and events that pertain to Children’s Ministries.
- Oversees Large Group when Director of Children’s Ministry is away (managing small group leaders, helping greeters, setting up classrooms, to name a few…)
Please fill out the application below and email it to