Harvey Disaster Relief
Ways you can help!
Below is a list of current relief efforts FMC recommends for those who are looking for ways to help those in need in our community. We will be updating the information below as needs become apparent. We encourage everyone to find ways to be the church, to bring God's hope and restoration in the aftermath of the storm. Blessings to you as you seek to be a blessing to those in need!
You can pray.
Our friends and neighbors need our prayers while the rains continue and for any work to come in the days ahead. Pray specifically for the safety of those affected.
You can provide relief.
- Cleaning kits (flood buckets can be put together by individuals or Sunday school classes in the weeks ahead and delivered to the Methodist Missions Depot in Conroe located at 3765 N. Loop 336 E. 77301
- Financial gifts can be given for disaster relief in the following ways:
- Donate through the church: Give online on the church website at https://www.ezekielgiving.com/g3/ (Be sure to select "Disaster Response" in the drop-down box next to the amount). Also, give on Sunday mornings by designating your gift as "Disaster Response." All gifts given through the church will be dispersed towards the relief effort, locally and through UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief).
- Or make a donation online through the Texas Annual Conference benefitting the ministry of your choice, including UMCOR and flood victims in the TAC.
- Support Local area relief work. The City of Conroe has posted ways that you can help in Conroe. Please follow this link to find out more: http://cityofconroe.org/Home/Components/News/News/1324/17?backlist=%2f
- Help our local partner, Crisis Assistance Center, who is acting as a hub for donations for the County relief efforts. They are currently in need of:
- Non-perishable food
- Powdered Milk
- NEW undergarments-kids/adults
- NEW blankets
- NEW socks-kids/adults
- NEW pillows
- NEW towels
- Gift Cards-grocery stores, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes
- Cleaning Supplies
- Dust Masks
- First Aid Kits
- Rubber Gloves
- Personal Care Items/Toiletries
- Laundry Detergent
- Contractor Trash Bags
- Trash Bags
- Moving Boxes
You can stay connected.